So, you have decided to save some money for the basic scouring. The average cost for that alone can keep you somewhere around $100 to $250, depending on the residential chute size. However, you will have to buy the hood washing kits and tools that can surpass a whopping $300 mark, rendering the avoiding professional help point mute.
In contrast, the national average cost for vent maintenance is anywhere between $100 to $300. The place of scoring plays a significant role in determining the nature of expenditure. The average price for sweeping and inspecting a full service is affected by the amenities you are getting for your heating system.
Factors That Influence Pricing
Several factors dictate the price for the scouring rates and whether it is affordable. These include:
- It is helpful to keep a log of the scouring and condition reviewing processes
- Height of the pipe
- Difficulty in reaching the cap
- Removing creosote
- Previous fires (if any) and damage to the flue lining
- Video inspection in case of dense residue
You can get free cost estimates by contacting a sweeping company and providing them with the following details:
- Height from the roof to the top of the cap
- Measurement of the ceiling from the ground
- Pitch of the roof where the chute is located
- The material of the chute
- The duration since you last had your vents checked
- Regular maintenance issues
National Average Range
On a national average scale, the following is the itemized list of a complete set of service provision based on levels, next to their estimates:
Level 1: Top to bottom full service that includes interior/exterior check-up along with scouring of the actual fireplace, the liners, smoke chamber, flue, and firebox. [$100-$200]
Level 2: All included in Level 1 plus the addition of a check-up of the attic and crawl space and the roof and a thorough analysis of the flue liner internal surface and joints. [$300-$500]
Level 3: Everything in previous classes and inspection of the hidden areas of the chute, and as this sounds, it may involve disassembling some areas of the stack to do so. [$1000-$5000]
Location-based Average Pricing
In NYC, you can get different price ranges based on the locale and the local competition. It also depends upon the users in that area and their chute designs.
For example, in Brooklyn, you can get a typical range of $210 to $1100.
In areas like Staten Island, where the prices are relatively lower, you can get an affordable $800 bill if your chute has not been adequately maintained for a few years.
The average cost is fluctuated by the number of benefit solutions you get. A typical chute scouring can range from $128 to $363 in the Bronx, Queens, NYC, and New Jersey. Wood fireplaces can damage you anywhere from $85 to $100 per round of scouring.
- Regular maintenance issues
- For wooden stakes, maintenance twice a year is the best package offered by all the major sweep, and it comes out to be around $100 per round.
- Repairing processes usually stand-alone and are not included in the scouring and inspection fees. They rank, on average, around $3500 or more. If you restore a cap or damper, the rates range between $200 to $700, depending on the quality and size.
- The usual inspection prices are from $50 to $100. This price is separate from the scouring costs but usually end up together in the same billing.
- Additional inspections as a result of seismic activity, masonry repairs, fire damages, and liner replacements can further increase the price range (in the Inspection category)
- The use of image-scanning technology can increase rates. This is used to determine the structural integrity of the masonry.
- Fixing the eroded mortar (the process of tuckpointing) can increase the rates as well. The usual rates range from $5 to $10 per square foot.
- Waterproofing can increase rates in some cases.
- Some companies offer free inspections if they are hired to do the necessary dusting and repair work.
Prices for Other Assistances
- Some companies offer free inspections if they are hired to do the necessary dusting and repair work
- Dryer vent cleaning: $100 to $300
- Wood Stove cleaning: $150 to $200
- Oil/gas furnace cleaning: $150 to $250
- Firebox repair/rebuild: $500 to $3000
- Fireplace cleaning: $150 to $300
- Internal waterproofing: $200 to $450
- Crown repair: $100 to $400
- Cap repair/replacement: $100 to $500
If you choose us, you will get a price range that is market competitive and matches the quality of the work done. We do not compromise on quality aids, and you can see our customer reviews at www.chimneysweepexperts.com. Contact us at 347 -990- 2756 to get your heating systems maintained and cleaned efficiently.